Thursday, August 18, 2016

What is this blog even ABOUT!?

Oh. Okay then. 

Hi readers. How are the seven of you doing today? Oh, sorry. Eight of you. I didn't see you there. You should really sit up straight.

Well I'm having a good day because I finally had the opportunity to start and finish some watercolor projects! Also, I was able to start writing a few draft blog posts. That got me thinking. What are my blogs even about? What is the genre of this thing? Mom blog? (hate that term), lifestyle blog? (only if I can remove the word "style"), humor blog? (I'd like to think so), watercolor and painting blog? (Except only two people read the posts about my art)... As you can see I'm in a bit of a conundrum.

As a person who used to work for a company called Promotional Concepts ya'd think I'd have some more promotional concepts. And I'm trying to create a viable business selling art so maybe I should just create a website and blog solely about art. But then I also enjoy entertaining you with my blog posts about my kids and random things... Hmmmm...

I think my best bet is to just combine a blog with my art. Blog. Art. Blog. Art. Blogart? No. Wait. I've GOT IT. Blart. BLART! It's the perfect combination of art and blog. Literally. I've finally found my niche! Now every time someone Googles "blart" you will find me! I'm so smart. You could even say I put the art in smart. Har de har har.

Okay well, on to my BLARTING!

Lately I've been in the mood for buffalo. Or Bison. Whatever the correct term is for the American versions.


My hump, my hump, my lovely lady lumps. 


Hey lady do you mind turning your flash off? 


You still didn't turn it off. 
I make a great addition to a Wild West themed nursery. Stampede's not included. 

Once I'd had my fill of buffalo (they taste like chicken) I got down to some serious watercolor abstract business. Painting abstract art is fun but I only use the left side of my brain which means I have to close my right eye the entire time. Doesn't everyone do that? My first abstracts are sold together in a pair of 8 x 10's. Purchase it here.

What do you see? I see an angry old woman buying bananas. 



If you close your right eye, it looks like the Mona Lisa.


My abstract art is specifically created with baby nurseries and children's rooms in mind. If you know of any mothers that appreciate modern/abstract art, send them my way! I am happy to create any abstract watercolors using whatever colors you have in mind. Also, I promise to keep both eyes open when doing so.


This was meant to be a portrait of Donald Trump's hair. 

And finally,


I call this one, "I stubbed my toe" 
Well, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed my blart post. If you are interested in purchasing any of these prints (or EVERY ONE) you can find them here.

I look forward to seeing you next time. I promise I'll have on a clean pair of pants next time. What? You didn't notice my pants this time? Um... Gotta go!

Adios! Until the next post.

9 comments:

  1. Your watercolors are absolutely beautiful! I would love one for my wall :) I feel like my blog is extremely random too. They always say to have a successful blog you need to have a "theme" but idk what my theme is either. Is random a theme? Anyways, keep up the amazing artwork. I've tried my hand at a few art projects that become wall art in my house but it's harder than it looks to make it look good!
    XO Bri | Brianna Sullivan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Brianna! Let me know which watercolor you like and I'll set something up for you. :)
    I think your blog is great and covers a lot of ground. I'd say it falls under lifestyle (my favorite style haha). Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your Blart.

    The Bison would fit well in any western Bovine Technicians & Indigenous Americans (politically correct version of Cowboys & Indians) theme.

    P.S. - I have a blog too and would be flattered if you would be so kind to drop in to visit my site once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that politically correct title sounds a little like the title of one of my college courses. I probably got a C.

      I do quite enjoy your blog when I get a chance to read it. You and my mom kill those writing challenges! And I always appreciate your support of my "blart" ;)

      Delete
  4. I love the humor so definitely keep that going! Your posts are fun to read and I love your buffalo! You can make a separate blog for family stuff if you want. I've had a private family blog just for my family's stuff, but then I include some of that on the art blog too. I think it's good to show that you are human and people connect with you better that way. I think you are doing a great job so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elise! I truly appreciate your input and just love your big and work! I'm so glad you like the humor aspect of my blog because it's so fun to write! I might do something similar and create a seperate lifestyle blog from an art only blog.

      Delete
  5. It's unbelievable, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Brianna! Let me know which watercolor you like and I'll set something up for you

    ReplyDelete