Wednesday, August 31, 2016

"What do you DO all day!?"


Hello again! You're looking extra stylish today. Are those jeggings?

I've been working on my own personal style lately too. In fact, today I was sure to put on my best pink shirt (that only had a teeny tiny coffee stain on it) and jeans that look great from the ankles down. I'd show you a picture but my iphone is out of memory. That always seems to happen on the days I look extra selfie-able.

Let's get right down to it. What do I DO all day?? I've been asked that a lot. I guess you can label me as a stay at home mom. It's not like that's a real job right? It's more like volunteering. Let's face it, most of my day consists of lying on the couch eating chocolate and watching daytime television while I strategically throw crackers and toys at my children to keep them occupied. I don't mean to brag but I've got really good aim. I almost never hit them in the face.

AnywayZ (as we used to say in junior high), I figured I'd show you guys what I've been up to when I'm not throwing food at raising humans.

ART THINGIES:

Every few days I get a hankerin' to paint a bunch of succulents. They are so totally IN right now. Plus they are hard to kill if you forget to water them for six months. My own hardy little succulents are my inspiration. You can buy a bunch at Trader Joes for around four dollars. I usually do that and somehow the total comes to $68.93 because I end up buying a bunch of gourmet frozen food and specialty chocolates. Damn you Joes. DAMN YOU!

What do you think of my succulents?

We're the three best friends that anyone could have.




Pretending to draw. 


I've only watered this once since I've painted it.

You might say I put the "suc" in succulent.

You can purchase any of these suckers here


But wait! There's more! I've been into calligraphy lately. There is something about the lost art of handwriting letters in cursive that speaks to the 87 year old lady inside of me. While I haven't spent much (any) time learning real calligraphy I quite enjoy making nursery artwork with fake calligraphy.

Uh, don't tell me what to do. 


Does this mean you are going to embarrass me when I'm a teenager?

Find these 8 x 10 prints for $12 here


After I ran out of calligraphy ink and succulents I decided to do another abstract watercolor for a baby's nursery. The great thing about abstract paintings is that you give them stupid names that sound legit because it's abstract aaaaaaart. I call this next one, "Baby giggles":

It's called baby giggles because a baby knows it can paint this.

Get your baby giggles here

Well that about sums it up for today. I really must get going. I need to get back to being a stay at home mom. Plus Judge Judy is on and it's the one where that guy sues that lady for stealing his hedge clippers.

Adios! Until the next post.

8 comments:

  1. I have never seen succulents not suck like your succulents don't suck. And I mean that. This post makes me miss that days when you kids were little and I used to enjoy throwing food at you and saying bingo to every single sentence you uttered. Bingo is the perfect answer to every child's utterance as it requires very little thought or effort yet makes you seem like you are the world's greatest mother to you child. At least I think it did. Right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought BINGO was a lost phrase. Thank you, Linda, for bringing it back in vogue.

      Delete
  2. So cute baby! I fall in love with you.
    - Unbelievable. Wonderful paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stay-at-home Mother's work is never done. Connie was into toll painting when our kids were little. There must be something about slinging colored pigments that helps mothers keep their sanity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. It's therapeutic especially when I sling those colored pigments at my husband.

    ReplyDelete