Thursday, July 23, 2015

Work in Progress



Hello again! It's me, the girl who sometimes works.

Today I'd like to share a few of my watercolor projects that are currently "in progress." It's really exciting (to me) and I hope you enjoy looking at my unfinished business.

This particular watercolor was a special request from an old high school friend. She wanted the quote, "I left my heart in San Francisco" with a bit of Jackie flair added. I apologize for referring to myself in third person but Jackie's gotta do what Jackie's gotta do.

Anyway, to come up with ideas I tend to sketch stuff out on whatever random bits of paper I have on hand until something cohesive sticks. In this case, "random bits of paper" was just normal paper.

My husband just asked me what happened to all the printer paper. 

After messing around a bit, I eventually came up with the final version here:


Let's hope my painting skills are better than my photography skills. 

Hmmm. The bridge doesn't look to sturdy. I  sure hope there isn't another earthquake. 

Aside from creating custom orders, I've been working on some cutesy watercolor designs and patterns to eventually start a iphone case and/or fabric line. Currently, I'm working on mini ice cream cones because they have less calories than the regular size.


It's all you can eat. 

All that ice cream made me crave more sweets. So I decided to paint a cupcake for giggles. Although I did not giggle once while painting it. It turns out cupcakes aren't that funny of a dessert. Not compared to say, flan.


I hope those mini ice cream cones left you hungry for this GIANT CUPCAKE. 

After all that dessert, I felt sick to my stomach and thought the best remedy would be to paint multicolored feathers. Although my husband thinks these look like leaves. I'll combine the two and call them fleas.


Ah, the beautiful fleas of Autumn. 

Finally I decided to play with my original watercolor,  Fancy Flamingos and turn it into a pattern. I think this would make a cute fabric for a child's room or as wrapping paper don't you?



How many flamingos does it take to screw in a lightbulb? 


And there you have it! These are the projects I've been working on lately to keep the old creative juices flowing. I've also heard that juicing helps to keep the creative juices flowing but I don't own a juicer. So this will have to do.

Adios! Until the next post.

6 comments:

  1. Okay, this is the third time I've written a comment. When I go to post it, it disappears! Anyway, I love all your art! I can really see them as fabric and cell phone covers! That cupcake looks delicious and for some reason it's making me hungry for flamingos which I always imagine taste like shrimp! I want to order some art from you with some your take on some Spinal Tap quotes. Like "These go up to 11" or The Isle of Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's BlogSpot for you. Jackie needs switch to Wordpress before it's too late. People are reluctant to visit BlogSpot blogs because of the difficulty leaving a comment.

      Jackie, if you do move to Wordpress, they can transfer your old posts to the new site too.

      Delete
    2. I would LOVE to make you custom watercolor Spinal Tap quotes! It will make the perfect kitchen art I think. I'm sorry you had to type your comment three times! I see only two of then made it on the comment section too. Clearly Blogspot wants it's bloggers to fail in life.

      Delete
  2. Okay, this is the third time I've written a comment. When I go to post it, it disappears! Anyway, I love all your art! I can really see them as fabric and cell phone covers! That cupcake looks delicious and for some reason it's making me hungry for flamingos which I always imagine taste like shrimp! I want to order some art from you with some your take on some Spinal Tap quotes. Like "These go up to 11" or The Isle of Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give up, how many flamingos does it take to screw in a light bulb? And do they have to be dressed in formal attire to do so? It might make a good reality show, "The Light Bulb Changing Flamingos of Florida."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Russell, apparently it takes enough flamingos to make a pattern to screw in a light bulb. They don't have to be dressed fancy but no shorts are allowed.

      As far as moving to Wordpress, I 100% agree! My good friends are actually in the processes of designing me a website with my own domain but they are in the middle of moving so I won't make the move until September.

      Delete