Monday, June 8, 2015

The (un)photogenic family

Hi readers. Welcome back!

When I'm bored I like spend time reading other blogs. I've found there are so many beautiful, professional looking lifestyle blogs out there that show Pintrest worthy pictures of arts and crafts, recipes, and "casual" family get togethers that resemble models from Gap hanging out in their Pottery Barn living room. It's quite the eye candy!


Just another afternoon sitting in this glorious field of wheat. Uh oh. Little Olivia forgot to take her Claritin.

I'll wear my primary colors if you wear your primary colors! YAY COLORS!



Like the images above, I thought I'd contribute my own beautiful family into today's post so that you can enjoy looking at true perfection. I might even submit them to some sort of photogenic family catalog contest. D'you know of any? In the meantime, here are a few special moments that truly showcases the splendor that is the Benson family.

My children are very active. They enjoy the outdoors and playing at the park.

Please help me.


They are photogenic too. 


Say cheese!

I often take pictures when my family isn't looking. That way I can capture sweet, candid moments similar to this:


This dad just gave birth to a 7 pound wonder. 


Luckily I was able to capture my own picture of a special bonding moment between father and son.


Get ready Henry! Dad's about to pass you the... oh.  

I often read blogs that showcase their adventuours two year olds riding scooters at high speed or scaling walls (physical and metephorical) at church camp. I don't mean to brag but my son is pretty adventurous too.


It takes an adventurous spirit to eat a cookie while walking through all those dangerous sticks. Thank God for the helmet. 


Often I'll notice pictures of children who are doing things like creating rag dolls using old bottles and recycled newspapers (I'm just sure they are SO FUN to play with too) and it makes me think just how talented, creative, and intelligent my own children are. Henry often finds creative ways to "up cycle" everyday items too.

My special boy. 

That's it for now! Stay tuned for future posts showing even more perfection.

Adios! Until the next post. 

9 comments:

  1. I think your family photos are perfect candidates to replace those idyllic families in the picture frames at Walmart and Dollar General. Personally, I have a problem parting with those shots of beautiful people in their picturesque poses. Visitors often compliment me on them say, "Who is that handsome devil and why does he have 8 x 10 printed on his shirt?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean RusselI! I have a hard time taking out the photos of the Eiffel Tower and poppy fields in the frames I buy.

    Aside from the 8 x 10 clothing attire I bet visitors are also wondering why you are always graduating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok - I'm dying over the picture of Tyler and Henry. This is why "I just can't" with that horrible monstrosity of a magazine Parent. Usually it features photos of kids named Charminy and Calypso (both boys) who are reading Virginia Woolf in their $200 teepees from Pottery Barn Kids. With at least one kid wearing a whimsical set of suspenders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hit the nail on the head! LOL! I love that the names Charminy & Calypso are both boy names. And God forbid they take a perfect family "candid" portrait without the whimsical suspenders!

      Delete
  4. Haha I love this post! Even though they aren't perfect... they are REAL! You will definitely have to pull some of these out at weddings and graduations! The second photo down I imagine them all tripping, which I think would make for an even better photo! ;)

    Bri Sul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brianna! I'm a big fan of "real pictures" myself. I think I'd be bored if the only pictures I had to look at were perfect, beautiful family portraits.

      Something tells that the primary color family was about to have their life altered when daddy accidentally washes their clothes with bleach.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Sian! Glad you got a kick out of my awful picture taking abilities!

      Delete