Monday, May 11, 2015

Work in progress...complete!

Hello, it's me, the girl who sometimes finishes stuff.

A week or so ago I was working on a few watercolors and showed you the progress I had made (not much) here

After running the children around and around in the living room, they were finally tired enough to take a nap. Yay! Time to finish my projects! Sure mounds of laundry need to be ironed, I should probably make myself a proper lunch (pistachios, dark chocolate chips, and coffee covers at least some of the food groups right?), and I'm pretty sure the garbage is getting so full it's spilling over into a second garbage pile. But never mind. My creativity will not be neglected!

Macy is tired just watching him


So after downing a few (or more) cups of coffee, I got to work! I knew I only had between 30 minutes to 3 hours depending on how long each child would nap. Nap times are sacred. I never expected that the most scathing, I'd kill you if it were legal, feeling of anger I'd have as a parent (so far) would be towards the poor UPS guy who rings the doorbell or the sweet landscaper just doing his job with the blower. I foam at the mouth and think, "DO NOT WAKE UP MY CHILDREN" in a demon voice. Luckily, no one was noisily doing their job around our house during my painting time so I was able to finish.



Who'd have thought someone with anger issues would paint something so peaceful.


I just happened to leave my painting near all these cute objects.

Oooh. Colors. 


Is it weird that half of my paintings are about coffee?



When I look into coffee liquid all I see are hearts. 

Both of these watercolor prints are available for purchase here


Aside from finishing the watercolors, we took a little stroll to the park per usual. I was looking back at a few pictures thinking how sweet Henry looked.



Until I took a closer look.

Do not awaken me from my slumber. EVER.
Like mother like son!

Adios! Until the next post.

3 comments:

  1. lol never awaken a child!

    And no its not weird that half of your paintings are about coffee *slurps coffee*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good. glad I'm not the only one with a coffee obsession!

      Delete
    2. I'm right there with you! ☺️

      Delete