Thursday, May 14, 2015

Those pesky pounds

G'day mates! It's maaaeh.

Okay sorry for the Aussie accented greeting. I just can't pull that off can I? To be honest, even Australians can't pull that off.

Today I'd like to talk to you about something near and dear to my heart. Literally. And that is...fat. For those of you who don't know (or don't care) I've recently (less so every day) had a baby. Which means I've gained weight. Which means now that the baby is on the outside, I would like to lose some fat. Lucky for me I only have a few (or more) pounds left to go. But unlucky for me, I've lost muscle mass and am left with the flabby stuff.  It doesn't help that I got Diastic Recti with baby number two. It's not like it sounds, I swear. My "recti" is fine. Apparently what it means is that my abs separated and now there is space between them. I tried getting them into couple's counseling but it didn't work. They're headed for Splitsville. This separation messes up my back and keeps me from doing normal sit ups (which would only increase the gap) which, when you think about it, is a good excuse to avoid doing sit ups.


Nine months pregnant, horizontal stripes, abdominals unhappy together. Recipe for a breakup.

So now I'm in a workout rut. My usual methods of running (well, more like walking plus a few minutes here and there of jogging), hiking, and chasing after my children isn't creating six pack abs like one would expect. It's worrisome.

On the other hand I'm not THAT worried about it. I don't necessarily want to spend time in a gym (my hell) when I could be spending it outside, eating cookies.

So, I'm in need of suggestions. I'm looking for a workout that feels exactly like walking in the park, outside in the sunshine, preferable with coffee in hand.  Anyone? Anyone?

(crickets)

Ok I get it. I guess I'll just have to make peace with the extra flab. Now excuse me while I go do the opposite of a sit up with a cup of decaf, extra cream.

Adios! Until the next post. 

3 comments:

  1. I still have my flappy bits and my youngest is 5 :(

    But I find yoga (if you could what I attempt to do that) makes me feel strong.

    Walking and the occasional run makes me feel less lazy

    But mostly we just had babies so its babies fault right? we are awesome for just getting dressed in the day right? (although a 5 year old is not 'just had a baby' *shh* don't tell)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been meaning to get back into yoga. Or, I could read about it. If nothing else my mind will become more flexible!

      And I plan to use my children as an excuse until I die!

      Delete
    2. Oh yes and watching other people on you tube doing yoga with the intention of doing it but never actually doing it also counts right...?

      Delete