Tuesday, May 5, 2015

A weekend in pictures!


Hello again. It's me. Jacquelyn Irene Benson.

It's Tuesday but I'm going to pretend it's Monday and show you all what I did over the weekend. As you can probably tell by now, my life is fairly ho hum. But that's the way I like it. It gives me more time to do things like write blogs about my life being ho hum. It also gives me an excuse to take pictures of my kids who I find cute (sometimes).

The morning started off with my husband and I strategically placing the kids next to each other with their stuffed animals for a picture.

Excuse my red on red sweats and huge pile of dirty laundry in the background.

After breakfast I began working on watercolors for a few friends who requested something for mother's day although neither is giving the paintings to their actual mothers. I'm assuming whomever this gift is for doesn't read this blog. Otherwise, spoiler alert!

A not quite finished watercolor for someone who is or has a mother.

Saturday afternoon we headed to the park. Henry likes to get his swinging session over with so that he's free to run and roll in the grass (which he is allergic to) and climb the trees.
Henry, training to be an astronaut 


Hanging out my favorite tree isn't the same without a snack cup

I decided that I'd get a little exercise and practice my climbing skills as well.

Hanging out in my tree isn't the same without a snack cup

After all that exercise, we lazed around on the grass watching nature. 

Look, a lady bug that looks like a digger on Henry's shoe! I love nature. 

Before we left for the day, Henry and his dad practiced their Cir de Soleil moves.

The move MUST be preformed with a snack cup

They still need work
Unlike her brother, Macy prefers sitting and musing about her 4.5 months on Earth.

Macy contemplating life.

After a mentally exhausting Saturday at the park, we headed to the beach on Sunday to celebrate my mother in law's birthday. 

The beach was really crowded. 
As the sun began to set, we ate dinner at a restaurant by the beach.

Macy is really happy mom ordered a salad. 

The evening ended with us getting the kids ready for bed. Neither appeared to be tired or delirious from the beach day. 

Henry practices "seeing" what Macy looks like in case he ever goes blind.
That's it! Another exciting weekend with the Benson's. I hope you enjoyed it. If you didn't then I will liven up next weekend's post by going to the DMV.

Adios! Until the next post.








3 comments:

  1. I'm waiting for the DMV post with baited breath. The only other things that are equally bad:
    1. An auto mall (what a disgusting misuse of the word "mall")
    2. The social security office (this place makes you either super suicidal after or REALLY pleased with your life)
    3. Any cell phone store (there is where time goes to die)
    4. Mattress stores (I can't even...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true. The only thing equally bad as visiting a mattress store is being forced to watch a mattress store commercial.

      Delete
  2. Yay fun weekend. Your kids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete