Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Work in Progress

Hello you. It's me again. The girl who sometimes does art things.

Today I'd like to show you a few of my "work in progress" paintings. Whenever I get an idea I sketch it out in pencil first. Then, depending on the style, I sometimes use colored Sharpies before adding watercolor paint. The great thing about Sharpies are they don't bleed into the paint colors when wet. Magic!

 Lately I've been making kitchen art. I guess it's because I tend to spend a lot of  my time in the kitchen (but not for cooking). For those of you who spend time in the kitchen for anything other than eating,  you might like this.

Have I mentioned that I have a thing about coffee?

 I have creative ADHD. This means I tend to work on more than one piece at a time. Right now I'd say I'm working on about six or so various watercolors and drawings. Most end up in the recycling bin. But some end up at my shop here

I'm also working on a painting for a child's room or nursery. I'm really into nursery room art right now. Perhaps it's because I have a lot of friends who've recently had babies. Or maybe it's due to having two babies myself. I feel handmade art adds a touch of warmth and sweetness to a nursery room don't you? What I'm saying is, I'd like to be a part of your baby's room. Have I creeped you out yet?

I'm just glad I spelled "free" right

As always, thanks for reading!

Adios! Until the next post.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, handmade is a nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It adds a little extra thought I think. :)

      Delete