Sunday, April 12, 2015

A weekend in pictures

Ahoy Ahoy! It's me again, the girl who writes these blogs.

Once again Monday is upon us which means I'm already feeling nostalgic for the weekend. Let's recap with a weekend in pictures shall we? I guarantee it will be as exciting as a trip to Home Depot.

Friday night the husband and I found ourselves children-less. We decided to take advantage of the "less" part and go out to eat at Ventana Bar & Grill in Shell Beach. If you haven't been there, I highly recommend it! The views are beautiful and food comes fast and there's plenty of it! Just the way we like it. 

Coordinating date night glasses.


Saturday was uneventful. Actually, that's pretty much sums of every Saturday. I should probably start taking up exciting hobbies (perhaps sword fishing off the coast of Monaco) to liven up my blog a little. Until then, here is a snapshot of me going on a run (by run I mean walking faster than normal to music) sans husband and kids. 
Walking makes me dizzy.
Sunday morning, the first thing I did was clean the house. I enjoy cleaning actually. I used to clean the house in anger like Joan Crawford in Mommy Dearest ("I'm not mad at you, I'm MAD AT THE DIRT") but I'd finish exhausted and feeling like I just had a fight with my house.  So I changed my attitude and decided that cleaning is a chance for meditation in action. It's a good excuse to practice focusing on the present moment. I slowed down and was able to relax a little which caused me to enjoy the results of a clean house much more. I'm like the Yoda of dusting. 


Ooooooommmmmm.

After my meditative cleaning session, Macy and I took a walk to the grocery store. 

Enjoying a low cal snack.
We finished the day with laundry. Lucky for us, child labor laws don't apply to household chores.


Hey kid, you left a bunch of clothes in the far back.

Well, that's it folks. I hope you enjoyed another weekend in picture update. I know I did. Although I realize we forgot to actually go to Home Depot. Until next weekend!

Adios, until the next post!

2 comments:

  1. It's great exercise although doesn't make me quite as flexible as Yoga does.

    Thanks for reading my blog Sian!

    ReplyDelete