Tuesday, March 3, 2015

DIY Baby Leg Warmer

Hi, it's me.

Today I'm going to show you how to make baby leg warmers. These are great for anyone's baby or for people who have really short forearms and don't believe in long sleeves.

To justify spending too much money at the dollar store (so you can only imagine how many dollar items I bought), I decided to recycle some dollar store socks to turn into leg warmers. You can also find similar knee length socks at Target.

These socks were on sale which justifies me buying about four pairs right!?

All you need is knee length socks, scissors, and something to hem the socks. I measured my legs next to a pair of Macy's leggings. I decided to cut them a little long so she has room to grow into them.

Here's to hoping she doesn't inherit her mother's stub legs.

After cutting the socks I realized I need to get rid of the ugly hem. Since I inherited my sewing ability from my mom (who once attempted to make me a a homemade shirt but sewed the neck sleeve into the arm hole) I decided liquid stitch was the way to go. Just turn the sock inside out and glue away.

I THINK I know how to use glue...

 Here is a picture of the "hem" I just made. Please only look at this between 3-5 seconds to ensure best results for eyeballs.
It's like I've been "sewing" all my life!

Let dry and flip the warmers back outside in and voila! Baby leg warmers complete!
Blue leg warmers strategically placed under better looking polka dot warmers. 

And that's it! Now my child  no longer has to have cold legs while getting her diaper changed! Can't you see how happy and proud she is of me? Look at the smile on her....heart.

Thanks mom. Clearly I love these leg warmers and I'm a better person because of them.

Adios until the next post!


6 comments:

  1. You're too cute! And so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! If only glue would have been invented when you were little. Just think what all the stuff I could have glued together! Unfortunately glue wasn't invented until 2007 and by then your legs were the size of tree trunks. This was such a great post! I laughed heartily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think glue was invented until Romy and Michelle invented Post its.

      Delete
  3. Adult size options available?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but only if your adult sized legs are stubs like mine!

      Delete