Thursday, February 26, 2015

A Nursery Nook

Hello for the first time. Welcome to my blog. I hope you find it entertaining, engaging or at least something to read to pass the time when you should be working.

Let's begin shall we?

So it was important to create a lovely, caming space for my baby's nursery nook. For my first born, we shared a one bedroom apartment for the first four months of his life. I never felt I really had a coheisve nursery look down even after we moved. So for my baby girl I couldn't wait to get cracking on her nursery nook! I admit, I went a bit pink crazy! I guess you could say I was somewhat excited to find out I was having a girl after having a very messy, very sticky, boy's boy. 

Now I'm not the crafiest lady on the block. My DIY items are the kind of thing that looks okay if you only look between 3-5 seconds. Anything longer and you'll notice smudged paint, weird seams, and lots of bunching. In fact, the same can be said of my clothing, hair and makeup routine.  For instance, my fishtail braid ends up just looking like I put my hair in a side ponytail and forgot to brush it. 


Only look between 3-5 seconds. Okay look away! 

What birds WOULDN'T want to sit on a yellow tree with heart leaves?


So for Macy's nursery I knew that I could get a cute look she approves of (since her eyesight isn't that developed yet) for her nook. I created a homemade mobile using feathers, tulle and an embroidery hoop. I also painted a watercolor of birds and found some cute little trinkets at the thrift store. My overall theme was "Tea Party" but not the political kind. The vintage kind. 

A boring dresser made cute with knobs from the craft store


I hope the mobile doesn't fall and suffocate my child...


Ta daaaaah! Nursery nook complete!


Adios until the next post!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE that your sense of humor shines through in the clever post! Lol. Super cute crafts too, that really brought the whole nursery together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kari! My spelling errors shine through the post as well.

      Delete
  2. Haha! These look even better than your side ponytail! So cute! And I do remember you from such places as Facebook but mostly I remember you from the oldest daughter in the Vernon Family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I've had the pleasure of making your acquaintance before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did a great job on the nursery! I think it's so important to have a space that YOU enjoy (since you are the one looking at it so many times every day with a newborn). My favorite item is hands-down the bird watercolor. Hearts as leaves - love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin, my fellow (and superior) crafter!

      Delete